3M Construction Seaming Tape, Red, 2 in x 55yd - 8087
3M Construction Seaming Tape, Red, 48mm x 55yd - 8087
Highly versatile construction seaming tape perfect for use on weather resistant barriers, sheathing, and vapor barriers in hot or cold conditions.
3M Construction Seaming Tape 8087 is a printed 3 Mil thick Polypropylene Sheathing Tape coated with an aggressive Acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive designed for use as a closure system and vapor seal on all interior and exterior sheathing materials.
- Excellent cold temperature adhesion to housewrap
- UV resistant film backing
- Low moisture vapor transmission rate
This one product gives you the versatility for seaming, splicing, sealing or repairing many materials used for moisture barriers inside and outside such as sheathing, weather resistant barriers, and moisture barriers. 3M Construction Seaming Tape 8087 combines a rugged polypropylene backing with a 3M industrial grade pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive.
3M Construction Seaming Tape 8087 is designed to seal seams on housewrap and insulated sheathing products. It can also be used to seam polyethylene vapor barrier products as well as to repair holes and tears in these building materials. Taping seams aids in reducing air infiltration, improving the effectiveness of insulation and reducing heating and cooling costs.
- Excellent cold temperature adhesion to housewrap and polyethylene as low as 14°F (-10°C).
- UV resistant film helps protect against degradation by sunlight.
- Meets the criteria to contribute to the Environmental Quality ("EQ") Credit 4.1: Low-Emitting Materials: Adhesives & Sealants under the United States Green Building Council's Rating System for New Construction & Major Renovations (LEED-NC), Version 2.2, Core and Shell (LEED_CS), Version 2.0, and Commercial Interiors (LEED_CI), Version 2.0.
- If applied at cold temperatures, adhesion will increase as temperature warms or with the sun's rays.
- Low moisture vapor transmission rate does not compromise performance of vapor barriers.
- Tape remains flexible even at -4°F (-20°C) for cold temperature applications.
- Good instant adhesion to a wide variety of materials such as housewrap, insulated sheathing, vapor barrier film, and unfinished wood.
- Good holding power, resists lifting and curling.
- The red color provides good contrast for quick visual inspection.
- For optimum adhesion apply to clean, dry surfaces.
- Do not apply to wet materials.
- Insure proper rubdown of the tape to the substrate for optimum performance.