Grace Ice & Water Shield 36" x 36' Roll
The membrane is supplied in three roll sizes. See the Product Data chart for product information. Membrane strips are also available in 75 ft (22.9 m) long rolls at widths of 6 in. (150 mm), 9 in. (225 mm), 12 in. (300 mm) and 18 in. (450 mm).
Features & Benefits:
- Easy to Handle and Apply - The self-adhesive membrane bonds firmly to the roof deck without heat or special adhesives.
Ripcord is a unique, patented feature that makes Grace Ice & Water Shield easier to apply by giving the applicator a split release on demand. Faster application of the membrane in the straightaways, as well as ease of membrane positioning in detailed areas (valleys, around dormers, etc.), are just some of the benefits.
- Foldless release paper - The foldless release paper provides multiple performance enhancements: fewer edge catches, 180° pull-back, ease of membrane cutting (single cuts) and membrane positioning, quicker "one-man installs" resulting in an easier, more productive release.
- Seals around nails - The rubberized asphalt layer in Grace Ice & Water Shield seals around roofing nails, resisting leakage caused by water back-up behind ice dams, or from wind-driven rain.
- Dual barrier protection - Rubberized asphalt and polyethylene are combined to form two waterproofing barriers providing maximum protection.
- Membrane will not crack, dry out or rot - Grace Ice & Water Shield resists attacks from fungus and bacteria; maintains its integrity for long lasting protection.
- Protects under all standard sloped roof coverings - Grace Ice & Water Shield protects under slate, tile, cedar shakes or metal, as well as under conventional asphalt shingles.
- Slip resistant surface - Grace Ice & Water Shield has a slip resistant embossed surface to maximize traction and safety for applicators.
- Proven track record - Grace Ice & Water Shield is the name brand in roofing underlayments with a 30-year track record of protecting roofs from ice dams and wind-driven rain.
- Reroofable - Unlike some granular surfaced membranes, Grace Ice & Water Shield will not adhere to the underside of the exposed roof covering. Grace Ice & Water Shield can be applied over the old Grace underlayment (except over Grace Basik®) in retrofit applications, making reroofing easier, less costly (since there is no need for removing the existing underlayment), more durable and environmentally friendly (as the structural deck remains intact avoiding the need to purchase additional wood decking).
- Grace technical support - Grace Ice & Water Shield is backed by a team of local technical support personnel that help ensure every application goes smoothly.
Grace Ice & Water Shield is used as an underlayment for sloped roofs to resist water penetration due to water back-up behind ice dams or winddriven rain. Grace Ice & Water Shield also offers leak protection in trouble prone spots like valleys, skylights, protrusions and other flashing areas.